PARCA not only offers help and guidance on the asylum processes, the charity has grown to offer a huge range of services and activities to help promote social cohesion, integration and relieve isolation and poverty in some of Peterborough’s most deprived areas.
Visit their website for more information.
Activities PARCA run include:
- Breakfast club every Friday morning, all are welcome. There are toys, table tennis, playdoh, sewing machines and art materials for adults and children.
- Youth group happens twice a week, Mondays and Wednesdays. There are computer games, board games, musical instruments, table tennis, football table and air hockey. Just turn up.
- PARCA also have a newly renovated garden space for gardening workshops, youth group and breakfast club; it should be a great space in the summer for events as well.
- Kids’ Wildlife Sessions with Froglife starting in January on Wednesdays after school for children over 7 years old (register with PARCA in advance). The sessions will start Wednesday 12th January 2022.
They also have a range of volunteering opportunities. Contact them to find out more.
In addition, PARCA offer support including:
- ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) lessons
- Emergency supplies
- Hate Crime reporting
- Syrian Resettlement
- Afghan Resettlement
- EU Settlement
See their Support page for more information.